iMMUGOLD Colostrum Supplement offers bovine colostrum of only the highest quality. Our colostrum is carefully sourced from US Grade A lactating cows, and we only collect first day milkings to guarantee high immunoglobulin and bioactive content. Our dairies adhere to local, state and federal guidelines, along with maintaining their own internal set of quality control protocols to ensure the safety of their herds and the quality of their colostrum. The dairy farms ensure the nutritional health of their herds through the implementation of varied feeding programs, resulting in the highest quality colostrum in the world.
What is Colostrum?
Colostrum is the first lacteal secretion of the mammary gland prior
to and after parturition. This all natural 'first milk' and superfood
contains contains vital components like immunoglobulins, proteins,
growth & immune factors, lactoferrin, cytokines, and a perfect blend
of vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients for the human body.
Antibodies in colostrum called immunoglobulins are the major component of the adaptive immune system in mammals. Immunoglobulins (Ig) help direct the appropriate immune response for each type of foreign object encountered. This can be powerfully effective in a variety of health and wellness applications. Bovine colostrum has properties very similar to human colostrum and has the benefit of being obtained in large quantities. Colostrum has numerous immune boosting agents and also contains growth factors and bioactive components the body can use to combat internal and external health threats.
Historically, colostrum has been used as a preventative measure or as an active treatment of symptoms for various maladies affecting the body like gastrointestinal disorders, respiratory tract infections, rheumatoid arthritis, and injured body tissue. Although these are general applications, there are over 250 known beneficial uses for colostrum confirmed in hundreds of peer-reviewed scientific studies.
Benefits of Colostrum
Independent medical studies show a lot of benefits directly derived from Colostrum use. Here are just a few of these scientifically-proven benefits:
- Regulates the immune system (PMID: 25781716; PMID: 17456621)
- Regenerates and accelerates normal growth of aged or injured muscle, bone, cartilage, skin collagen and nerve tissue (PMID: 12696985; PMID: 26101625; PMCID: PMC3045758)
- Promotes gut health (PMID: 10205201)
- Repairs our body's vital DNA and RNA (PMID: 3390164)
- Balances and regulates blood sugar levels (PMID: 18602824)
- Increases strength and endurance (PMID: 15894537 ;PMID: 24281841)
- Helps build and retain lean muscle (PMID: 24281841)
- Helps regulate blood glucose levels and "brain chemicals", providing alertness and better concentration (PMID: 18602824; PMID: 24778346)
- Helps regulate the brain's "feel-good" chemicals to brighten our moods (PMID: 20391891)
- Fights against aging (PMID: 22491965)
PMID: PubMed ID Number. PubMed is a service of the US National Library of MedicineÂ® that Provides free access to MEDLINEÂ®, the NLMÂ® (National Library of Medicine) database of indexed citations and abstracts to medical, nursing, dental, veterinary, health care, and preclinical sciences journal articles.